For Initial Appointments
Dermatologist specialist appointments
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment and make sure you bring the following:
- Your referral letter from your GP or healthcare professional
- Your Medicare Card and Private Insurance Details (if applicable)
- Details of current medications
- Any results from relevant investigations (blood tests etc.)
If you need to reschedule an appointment, please do so as early as possible to ensure availability for another appointment or to allow the appointment time to be given to another patient.
The Dermatology Clinic is a private clinic and does not bulk bill consultations.
- Aged pensioners will receive a discount.
- Costs for surgical procedures vary and will be quoted according to the individual case.
- To access a Medicare rebate, a referral from the GP or relevant medical specialist will be necessary.
- The Department of Veteran Affairs Gold card is accepted as full payment of fees due.
- A GP referral will be necessary to access dermatology services under the Department of Veterans Affairs program.
- We are registered for services through Veterans Affairs for DVA gold card holders.
- Private health insurance may be claimed for procedures performed in a day-surgery unit.
A biopsy may be needed during your consult. This involves removal of all or part of a skin lesion. The sample is then sent away to be processed and examined under the microscope for a specific diagnosis by a qualified histopathologist specialising in the skin. The cost of this procedure will be quoted separately during your consultation. You will also receive a bill from the histopathologist. Medicare covers a portion of this cost.
If you have any questions about a dermatology consultation or would like to make an appointment, contact us today.